Together We Can Do More
90% of Regular Attenders Volunteer Once a Month
The Summit Church could not do what we do without faithful volunteers. We're thankful that 90% of regular attenders volunteer at least once a month, which means we can accomplish more. If you're looking for a place to get involved, you've come to the right place. Check out the opportunities to serve and let us know if you're interested.
First Impressions Team
- Coffee (make and serve coffee to attenders)
- Greeter (welcomes people at the entrances of our church)
- Parking Lot Crew (welcomes people in the parking lot)
- Safety Team (provides a safe environment for worship)
- Check-In Coordinator (assists families checking in their children)
- Nursery (cares for babies in a safe and secure manner)
- Toddlers (assistant or teacher)
- Pre-K/Kindergarten (assistant or teacher)
- 1st-5th Grade (assistant or teacher)
- Attendance Counter (calculates weekly attendance)
- Offering Counter (calculates weekly offerings)
Music and Media
- Vocalist (sings in band)
- Musician (plays instrument in band)
- Live-Stream Camera (operator for Sunday live stream)
- Screen Operator (runs media to display on screen)
- Sound Technician (sound for the main worship service)
There are numerous opportunities to help serve the North Canton community through our food pantry. It requires dozens of volunteers on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Finance Team (provides financial oversight for the church)
- Care Team (works on various projects to serve others)
- LIFE Group Leader (host and teach LIFE Group)
- Student Ministry Leader (invests in our middle/high school students)
How do I volunteer?
Use our sign up form to express interest. Filling out the form doesn't commit you to anything, but allows us to put you in contact with leaders in that area to see if it's a fit for you. Some areas require background checks and additional training.
How do I volunteer with kids?
All volunteers who work with children must pass a background check. After passing a background check, you will be connected with a leader in that area.
How do I volunteer with music?
Musicians and vocalists try out to be a part of the worship band. This will allow you to see if this ministry fits your abilities. Although not everyone
is gifted to lead worship, we know everyone can participate in worship!
How long do I have to wait to volunteer?
We encourage people to attend for at least 2-3 months before volunteering, although some people may be ready to be involved sooner. With kids ministry, we ask that you wait 4-6 months before being involved.
Download/Print Volunteer Authorization for Background Check Form
The Summit Church wants you to be a PARTICIPATOR, not a SPECTATOR. Here's what we are asking from YOU – volunteer 1 time a month (that's only 12 times a year). That's it! Can you help us?